This is a kit of everything you need to set up an 80 Square Foot edible garden. This is exactly what I built my garden with, I started with 2 and added another one, the following year. You should be able to recoup your investment for the kit and grow at least $500 worth of food in one year, in one bed. They key is harvesting and replanting regularly. My winter garden is the most productive, so this is a great time to get started!
· 48 foot of 6” Poly Board (made in the USA from recycled milk jugs) http://www.valleyviewind.com/professional/poly-board-landscape-edging/poly-board-1-x-4/
Precut to make one 20’ X 4’ bed.
· 12 Heavy-duty stakes to keep your Poly Board in place, without digging a trench.
· 20 bags of Landscapers Pride Landscaping mix or 1 ½ yards of RCW Custom Blend (sorry, we can’t deliver bulk soil).
· 10 (total) packs of seeds, 4” pots of Herbs, 4” pots of vegetables or a combination of all 3! Remember, seeds can stay good for years in the fridge and you don’t have to plant them all at once.
· 4 pounds of Microlife 6-2-4 organic fertilizer. Made in Texas!
The price on all the components totals about $380.00.
We are offering this kit for $280.00, you save $100.00 (a 26% savings)!
We can offer delivery to your driveway if you want, the fee is based on your Zip Code.
Here is what you need to build this “Garden of Eatin’”
· A sunny piece of yard at least 20 foot long and 8 foot wide. Being able to walk around it, makes gardening easier.
· If you want to put in multiple Garden of Eatin’ kits, plan to space them 3 feet apart. So, you can mow in between.
· You need access to water, adding a soaker hose when building the garden, saves water in the long run.
· The only tools you need are a hammer, to drive the stakes in the ground (a rock or brick would work), and a rake.
· A couple hours of time to set up and about 15 to 30 minutes a week after.
· The desire to grow your own food and control what chemicals are used on it.
· The desire spend time with your family, get some exercise and fresh air.